My name is Al and I am a Physical Therapy Graduate Student at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons in NYC. I hope you are enjoying my experiences with my classmates. PT School is truly an adventure. Please spread the word to all of your friends and family to check back for new posts and more fun!

Saturday, July 09, 2005

There is no Cookbook for Life...

I know I keep vowing to be more diligent with this blog and keep everyone updated. I really have no excuses as to why I have been away for so long. I can only tell you that my life has no order to it. I am in school, stressed, trying to workout more, dealing with family issues, personal issues and living in NYC. It's quite a bit of stuff. With that aside, I am on a 10-day vacation beginning today! Yippee!! I have made my friends (Tom and Sheila) remind me to update this blog several times this week, so you will be seeing pictures of my vacation and some from things this past semester, including Sarah's Bachelorette fun. (Nothing dirty, trust me).
Currently I am in Deerfield, MA visiting my great friends Tom and Sheila and staying in their house which has to be as old as this country! There are no subways, buses, or noisy sirens at 3AM out here. I slept well last night, with raindrops putting me to sleep way before midnight. It was such a relaxing beginning to my much needed vacation.

Here are a few pictures I found in my camera of a fun trip downtown with my new neighbor Christine Walmsley. She is from someplace in California (I really forgot) and she is a Nurse Practitioner student. The other pictures are from today in Massachusetts.

Christine was studying in my room, and working on her sitting posture. I actually thought she was trying to study by putting a book on her head an "absorbing" the information.


We went downtown for a bite to eat and I got some field experience with a NY native crossing the street. I guess I never really noticed physically challenged people as much before PT school.


We did a lot of walking, and Christine became thirsty. I warned her about the NYC water, but she insisted...



Tom drove to NY yesterday to pick me for my vacation. We always have fun together, and his wife likes to get in on the fun as well. He got his bike back from the Ironman race he recently did in Idaho, so we made him ride in the back.

Chipper in the AM!






The corner fresh farm market. Sheila even knows the owners by name! The fruit is so fresh and tasty!!


Tom got a watermelon, and would not let it go!




Sheila was just enjoying the drive..


See you next post! (really shortly!)

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

024_21
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com  
343948;523232fp3;=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>2323864998-47ot1lsiMe and Ilana Me and the Dr. S and Dr. K P7090007Me and Tom 343948;523232fp46=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>232386499-644ot1lsiI don't know these guys