My name is Al and I am a Physical Therapy Graduate Student at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons in NYC. I hope you are enjoying my experiences with my classmates. PT School is truly an adventure. Please spread the word to all of your friends and family to check back for new posts and more fun!

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Ever been to Camelot? I went to Spamalot, and it was hilarious!!

I must confess that I am really not that well-versed in the theatre/fine arts. I guess I still need to learn a few things in my life about culture. This past Friday night, Jayme Bruett, her hubby Ryan, his friend and I all went to see Monty Python's Spamalot at the Shubert Theatre. It was not what I expected, which is why I need to learn more about the theatre.
I guess I was expecting the show to follow the movie plot and sequence. I underestimated the creativity of the actors and overestimated the inability of a live show on a small stage to duplicate a movie.
Don't get me wrong, the show was marvelously funny and very entertaining. I cannot wait to see it again with my family on the 26th of March. Hank Azaria, Tim Curry and David Hyde-Pierce were amazing in this show. Tim Curry was Arthur, David Hyde-Pierce was Robin and Hank Azaria was a sexually confused Lancelot. (sp?)
Here are some pics from the outside of the theatre. I cannot give too much of the show away, my family reads this page!
Enjoy the pics and see you next post!


Ryan, Jayme and I had a great dinner at a fancy Italian Restaurant before we got to the show. The food was great, as was the wine. Right, Jayme?


The sign says it all! Ryan was momentarily turned into a newt, but he got better.....


An amazing view of the cast at Camelot!


Jayme and I waiting in anticipation for the gates of Spamalot to open!


I know it may not look like much (it's only a model), but this was the way to Spamalot...


I wonder if that big sign on the right would fit in my dorm room?


Jayme did not tell us that she too was staring in the show! It was her debut evening at Spamalot! (minus the pram...)


A view from outside Spamalot. For those of you with bad eyesight, there is the headless Black Knight, the "Killer Rabbit", a damsel from the wedding, the famous Vache a la French Castle and a very confused looking knight.
The sign below reads" Cows, Coconuts, Killer Rabbits, Witches(crossed out- too expensive), and French People"


Au revoir you silly English pig-dogs! Go and boil you bottoms, you emptiers of animal food trough water! I fart in your general direction, so called Arthur King... You and all your silly knnnnn-ights!
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! And you get to go AGAIN?!?! So lucky! Once the little guy is old enough to stay with a babysitter, I'll have to go see the show!

12:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

024_21
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com  
343948;523232fp3;=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>2323864998-47ot1lsiMe and Ilana Me and the Dr. S and Dr. K P7090007Me and Tom 343948;523232fp46=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>232386499-644ot1lsiI don't know these guys