My name is Al and I am a Physical Therapy Graduate Student at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons in NYC. I hope you are enjoying my experiences with my classmates. PT School is truly an adventure. Please spread the word to all of your friends and family to check back for new posts and more fun!

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Some days are better than others...

It's been a rough semester for all of us. We are all very tired and very overworked from all the studying. In fact ( and this is true ), I have been up since 3AM this morning. I don't know why I got up at that time, but I am not tired. It's weird, but at least I can get stuff done, like laundry, a basketball game and a little studying.
I have a bunch of pictures, that come with stories that I would like to share with all of you. As I mentioned in my first introduction and posting, everything you read here is how it is. I am not making this stuff up.

Well, I will begin by telling you what it is like in Medical School at 3AM. It's the same as it is at any other time. Sirens in the background and people studying in the lounge. Hey, I never said it would be pretty. In fact to prove it's really ugly, here is what I look like at 4 AM on a school day. Oh, I just want to mention that I live at 169th and Haven. so this is pretty close to home for me.



Class today was very long. I had a lab which started my day at 10AM and another lab which ended my day at a little after 6PM. I love school and I am having a great time. My classmates are a blast too. here were are trying to measure Eyal's nose. (Shut up Jamie!) I was convinced it was 8 inches long, but it was only 3 inches.



Then I came back to my residence hall and found this notice published next to the elevator. Brace yourselves, it's not pretty. I will most likely get in trouble for this, but it's important to show everything about school. Not just the glamour and bright lights!



I know this is short, but I really do need to study. I have a final next week already! Ugh! Here is the end of my day. Our basketball team, Big Fossas (don't ask) won our first game tonight!! I was so excited that I had someone take a picture!
Here we are:

Julie, Rami and Renee in the front from R to L
Beth, James, Karen (the asian anomaly) and Eyal in the next row, same direction
And me in the back (duh!)



Until next time...

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alistair!
nice blog, happy turkey day :)
-Genevish

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

024_21
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com  
343948;523232fp3;=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>2323864998-47ot1lsiMe and Ilana Me and the Dr. S and Dr. K P7090007Me and Tom 343948;523232fp46=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>232386499-644ot1lsiI don't know these guys