My name is Al and I am a Physical Therapy Graduate Student at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons in NYC. I hope you are enjoying my experiences with my classmates. PT School is truly an adventure. Please spread the word to all of your friends and family to check back for new posts and more fun!

Thursday, February 17, 2005

We do have a little bit of fun.

As the weeks pass by this semester I realize that my classmates are great! We had a basketball game last night, my last game this season, and I had such an awesome time! Travis came by to cheer, do back flips and take pics. His support was much appreciated. It was just as loud as the OT team cheering for James. He must have his own fan club or something.
anyways, Travis took some great pictures which I have posted in this post. (?) In addition to the basketball pics, I have posted some photos of my classmates completing their wheelchair assignments. I am doing mine next Monday (Jill's bday!), so be ready for some fun photos. Why are we doing a wheelchair assignment? We are supposed to spend an entire day, from wake to sleep in a wheelchair. Class, commuting, lunch, travel and everything else is to be done in the chair. This is meant to allow us to sympathize with patients who are in wheelchairs when we are practitioners. I like the idea, although I was always told that using a wheelchair was bad luck.
I need to go study some more before class.

Enjoy the pictures, I'll see you next post!



Basketball Time! (We won this game.....)






















Here are the three girls who were in the wheelchairs yesterday, Ilanit, Mary and Imee. They look like they are doing ok, although Ilanit was complaining about her butt hurting all day!!



Back that thing up Mary!



All three girls, hogging the front row seating in the class!




See you next post!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

024_21
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com  
343948;523232fp3;=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>2323864998-47ot1lsiMe and Ilana Me and the Dr. S and Dr. K P7090007Me and Tom 343948;523232fp46=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>232386499-644ot1lsiI don't know these guys