My name is Al and I am a Physical Therapy Graduate Student at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons in NYC. I hope you are enjoying my experiences with my classmates. PT School is truly an adventure. Please spread the word to all of your friends and family to check back for new posts and more fun!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Is Narcolepsy contagious? Ask James...

The weather as of late has been really great. It's been in the mid-50s and the sun has been out most of the time.
School has me studying a lot! While I am on the subway, at the gym or even eating dinner. No breaks here!
Rami (class president) commented today in amazement that there is only a few weeks to go until midterms/final exams! It was at this point that reality set in and I went into temporary shock. Our semester has some classes that are the entire semester, some that are split into two sections (two separate classes lasting half the semester) and a few that are only the first half of the semester. Thus, the final exams!
Today we had a 2 hour lecture from the guest speaker at the white coat ceremony last Sunday, Professor Joan Edelstein. She is a very accomplished woman and did a great job at today's lecture. It was stimulating as she kept all of us involved throughout the entire 2 hours! At the end of the lecture she presented a video that really showed us many of the characteristics of gait that she was teaching us in lecture.

I am sure most of you remember your High School years rather well. Especially when there was a movie or a slide/projector show during class. Some poor sap had to turn the knob on the projector every time the tape would make the "ping" sound. Gosh, I hated those things. Why? Because the tape always woke me up!
Well, today there was just a video. Keep in mind that I did not fall asleep, I caught someone else in class.
As soon as the lights go out, all of us just want to sleep and let our brain rest a while. As soon as I turned most of the lights out for the video, this person's eyelids shut down faster than I could see them! See for yourself....

*They are a bit blurry b/c I did not use a flash. I was being 'stealthy' in class. :-)






David is a hard-working DPT Student, a great father and a loving husband. Between those three things I am surprised he is not exhausted more often!

See you next post!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

024_21
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com  
343948;523232fp3;=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>2323864998-47ot1lsiMe and Ilana Me and the Dr. S and Dr. K P7090007Me and Tom 343948;523232fp46=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>232386499-644ot1lsiI don't know these guys