My name is Al and I am a Physical Therapy Graduate Student at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons in NYC. I hope you are enjoying my experiences with my classmates. PT School is truly an adventure. Please spread the word to all of your friends and family to check back for new posts and more fun!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

There is something in the woods that makes me crazy....

Day 4 & 5:

Yesterday was another great day. I got up at 5:30AM with Sheila and Tom and had a great swim workout at the pool. Following the pool I had breakfast and a nap before gearing up for a run in the sun. I headed out at "high noon" for a long run through the country. The scenery was beautiful, the sun hot and after 100 minutes of running I finally made it back to the house. It was such a great workout! I showered, grabbed some lunch and rested on the couch while reading the Lance Armstrong book.
Tom, Sheila and I went to dinner at one of their friend's homes and had a superb meal, only to be surpassed by the plum tort dessert!

Wow! What a day.

Before we went to dinner, Tom and Sheila played a little "friendly" badminton on the lawn. Sheila is so competitive, but very talented!



On our way to dinner, Tom demonstrated just how tired he was feeling. I think he needed it, but Sheila and I just laughed (quietly) at him.


After dinner we snuck out to get some ice cream. Yummy stuff for my tummy!


Today was another great day. I slept in (finally) and met Tom for a swim workout at noon. We swam an hour in the pool before I came back and took (another) nap. Tom left work early and we went for an easy recovery ride for 90 minutes around the local farms.
Following the ride we picked up some beer, pizza and Tom's friend Andrew before coming back for a "Toilet Seat Up" night while watching the Tour de France.

The firehouse (old school) next to Tom's house...


The front house, which is a historical landmark. Tom and Sheila live in the rear attached house.


On our way to get the food and beer!


Locals at the supermarket. These dogs were soooo sweet and friendly...


Andrew, Tom and I enjoying a Boys' Night In!


Hey! I am on vacation, so back off!


See you next post! (Hopefully without a hangover!)

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Big Al !!!!
I love your blog... Miss you.
P'tit Fromage

12:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Big Al !!

You look hurt with those two pints in your arms !!

Where did you do your ultra marathon...is that 2 full marathons?

6:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all like Jen's cupboards because they are made for tall people !!

And we are pretty stupid most of the time...

6:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you think of Lance Armstrong's book...

I heard that his body can recover at rediculous rates from muscle fatigue... like the average person can recover in 10-15 minutes from a workout and he could recover in 2-5 minutes...

Have you ever heard of this?

6:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I haven't had a response from you yet...are you ignoring me?

steve

6:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

024_21
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com  
343948;523232fp3;=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>2323864998-47ot1lsiMe and Ilana Me and the Dr. S and Dr. K P7090007Me and Tom 343948;523232fp46=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>232386499-644ot1lsiI don't know these guys