My name is Al and I am a Physical Therapy Graduate Student at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons in NYC. I hope you are enjoying my experiences with my classmates. PT School is truly an adventure. Please spread the word to all of your friends and family to check back for new posts and more fun!

Monday, July 11, 2005

The equation for vacation is simple!

Day 3:

Vacation = exercise + rest.

I am following this formula rather well. Today was another beautiful day and I got outside to enjoy quite a bit of the sunshine. I began with another 3+ hour bike ride, except today was mostly flat and much easier than all the hills Sheila tortured me with yesterday.

Sheila showed me off this morning before the ride. If you notice in the photo, my bike is more than half of her height. Tom thinks I should call my bike the "747 Boeing" because it is so huge.


Following the ride I had 45 minutes for a quick rinse and a small snack before heading to the pool to meet Tom and Sheila for my second workout of the day. This pool is magnificent, and the picture I took certainly does not do it justice. This is a private academy for grades 5 - 12 or something like that. All I know for sure is that it costs almost as much to go here as it does for me to go to an Ivy League Medical School.

The pool with the diving well behind it.


Tom and I after our workout. Delirium has set in for me due to the lack of food and the 4+ hours of exercise...


Before the swim I stopped by Tom and Sheila's offices to see what they actually do all day and to find out what this "job" thing was that I have been hearing so much about. Tom just sits at a desk and looks important all day. I guess it's a living...


I just prefer to lounge in the chair and watch him... I am amazed at this "job" concept. It looks very tiring.



After the swim I had another snack, watched some pre-recorded footage of the Tour de France and am typing this post.

See you next post!

1Comments:

Blogger bth said...

Alistair,
The country life is getting to your brain!

1:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

024_21
Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com  
343948;523232fp3;=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>2323864998-47ot1lsiMe and Ilana Me and the Dr. S and Dr. K P7090007Me and Tom 343948;523232fp46=ot>2324=<;3=;67=XROQDF>232386499-644ot1lsiI don't know these guys